I had never heard of the SOAP method before this, but I really like using this method so far. It really seems to fit into my morning schedule well and I feel like I have gotten more out of the first six verses than I have gotten out of most Bible studies. I find myself thinking over the verses throughout the day--especially since I am reading e-mails from my group as the day goes by.
What I have gleaned so far:
- The Lord has blessed me far beyond what I have ever deserved.
- I need to pray for more faith; I want to be more steadfast and not so moveable in my faith.
- I should display a joyful attitude in the midst of the bad things that happen in life. This is contrary to human nature, but it glorifies God.
- I need to trust God for wisdom. He gives wisdom in great amounts to the faithful.
- Testing of faith usually seems to require waiting; you have to be patient to wait.
This is linked to Good Morning Girls Women In the Word Wednesdays