Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Women In The Word Wednesdays

This week we began a new session of Good Morning Girls. I am part of a group of ladies who are from different areas--we all met on the message boards, bonded by our common desire to be a part of a Good Morning Girls Group for the next 12 weeks. So far we have read in the GMG James study chapter 1 verses 1-6.
I had never heard of the SOAP method before this, but I really like using this method so far. It really seems to fit into my morning schedule well and I feel like I have gotten more out of the first six verses than I have gotten out of most Bible studies. I find myself thinking over the verses throughout the day--especially since I am reading e-mails from my group as the day goes by.
What I have gleaned so far:
  • The Lord has blessed me far beyond what I have ever deserved.
  • I need to pray for more faith; I want to be more steadfast and not so moveable in my faith.
  • I should display a joyful attitude in the midst of the bad things that happen in life. This is contrary to human nature, but it glorifies God.
  • I need to trust God for wisdom. He gives wisdom in great amounts to the faithful.
  • Testing of faith usually seems to require waiting; you have to be patient to wait.
If you participate in a GMG group, what have you been learning? If you don't, what have you been reading about in your Bible lately?

This is linked to Good Morning Girls Women In the Word Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment