Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Women In the Word Wednesdays—June 1

Well, this is my first Women In the Word Wednesday post in a while. Currently I am participating in a couple of Bible studies. One is of course the Good Morning Girls Ministry of Motherhood book club. This has been an awesome study so far. I have read through chapter 2 in the book and am SOAPing my verses each morning. Then I am emailing my group to let them know what I am learning; then they do the same. This has been so helpful for me because there are so many times that they see something in a verse that I haven’t. My group has wonderful insights to God’s word; I can only hope that I am helping them too. I am hoping that this book club will help me with the tools I need to be a better, Godly mother.
The other Bible study that I am participating in is through my church. A small group of ladies (myself included) have just started a study entitled “ The Traveler’s Handbook”. We meet once a week and the rest of the time there is “homework” that we do each night and verses each week to memorize. The two that we have been working on this week are: “Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits, the God of our salvation!” ~~ Psalm 68:19 and “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” ~~ 1 Thes. 5:16-18
I believe this promises to be a live-changing summer!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment