Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One Of My Yummy Diet Dinners…BBQ turkey burger

0329111947
I know it was not on my menu plan this week or anything, but tonight I had a BBQ turkey burger with (low-fat) blue cheese crumbles and sautéed mushrooms on top. On the side I served green beans. My plate was COVERED in food and I really did get full (so full I cannot eat the rest of what I am supposed to eat today). I got my BBQ craving in AND I have yummy leftovers for lunch tomorrow! yay!!!
The BBQ sauce was a recipe from the book, 17 Day Diet by Dr. Mike Moreno. It was very good—a mixture of low sugar ketchup (3/4 c.), Worcestershire sauce (2 tbsp.), chili powder (1 tsp.), and agave nectar (1 tbsp.). It grills up very well and has a taste similar to a cross between A1 and Heinz 57. There was enough to liberally coat 4 burgers and have enough left to probably use on another meal.
Yes, turkey burgers can be dry. That’s why there is BBQ sauce!! (I really like the taste of turkey burgers, and DD9 actually prefers it to beef burgers.)
Meals like this and my grill are why I have been able to stick to this diet so far!!!


works for me wednesday at we are that family

No comments:

Post a Comment