Monday, September 12, 2011

Bullseye Pizza

 

pizza

I LOVE BBQ chicken pizza!! Actually the first one I tried was a Lean Cuisine pizza and it was pretty darn good for a diet meal! I never could talk my husband into ordering one if we were out somewhere and I don’t remember how he ever did come to like them but the homemade kind using Bullseye BBQ sauce is the BEST!!!!

I usually make 2 pizzas but you can adjust the amounts to what you like…

2 pizza crusts—I have used pre-made in the past and they have worked well, but recently I have discovered frozen pizza dough at my local grocery store. It’s so easy-just thaw, let it rise, shape it, and pre-bake a little.

1 lb. or less of either grilled chopped chicken or shredded chicken (I usually toss mine with a little extra BBQ sauce)

1 onion, chopped and sautéed

1 container of sliced mushrooms from the produce section, sautéed

1/2 bottle, Bullseye BBQ sauce

mozzarella cheese (can mix with sharp cheddar for a yummy tasteSmile)

parmesan cheese

oregano

 

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. On each pizza crust, put an amount of BBQ sauce that you would enjoy on a pizza (if you like a lot of sauce, put a lot of BBQ sauce!) Top with chicken, veggies, cheeses, and oregano. Make a bulls eye pattern on the top of the pizza with extra BBQ sauce and put the pizza in the oven until the cheese and crust is golden. Cut and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment